Computer Hardware and Number System:
– CPU, Computer Memory and Mass Storage Devices
– Computer Hierarchy, Input Technologies, Output Technologies; Number Systems
– Arithmetic: Decimal, Binary, Octal and Hexadecimal Number Systems, Binary Arithmetic.
– Computer Software: Application and System Software, Programming Languages and their Classification, Assemblers, Compilers and Interpreters.
– Process of Software Development. Data Analysis using Spreadsheets; Operating Systems
– Functions of Operating Systems, Types of Operating Systems
– DBMS: Traditional File concepts and Environment, Database Management Systems Concepts. Data communication and Networks: Concepts of Data Communication
– Types of Data-Communication Networks,
– Communications Media, Concepts of computer networks,
– Primary Network Topologies, Network Architectures-Inter-networking devices.
– The Internet, Intranet and Extranets: Operation of the Internet, Services provided by Internet, World Wide Web (Intranets and Extranets).
– Functional and Enterprise Systems: Data, Information and Knowledge concepts, Decision making process, Physical components of Information systems, Classification of Information systems; Overview of Security Issues in Information Technology.
– Emerging Trends in Information Technology.
– The application of computers to the solutions of project management problems; Advance Network Analysis.
This course is practical oriented and fashioned to equip students with an in-depth knowledge of using key project management software like:
– Microsoft project,
– project workbench,
– Atermis, etc
as tools to work through the project management life cycle from planning through execution. Using the basic elements of project management; scheduling, resources and cost, students will gain an overview of project management concepts, allocate resources, adjust project plans to account for any schedule delay and over allocated resources.